LEN SCHLESINGER. Action Trumps Everything.
16 Reasons why Action Trumps Everything
1. If you act, you will find out what works.
2. And what doesn’t.
3. If you never act, you will never know if you are right or wrong.
4. If you act, you will find out if you lik it.
5. or you don’t.
6. Acting leads to a market reaction, which could take you in another direction.
7. As you act, you can find people to go along with you.
8. As you act, you can find ways to do things faster, cheaper, better.
9. If you act, you won’t spend the rest of your life going, “I wonder what would have happened if . . . “
10. If all you do is think, you are less interesting as a person.
11. If all yo do is think about stuff, you gain tons of theoretical knowledge, but none from the real world. In otherwords, if all you do is think . . .
12. . . . all you do is think.
13. Action always leads to evidence.
14. If you act, you know what is real.
15. Talking to people is action. . . at zero cost.
16. It seems the cost of doing more thought, before you pull the trigger, is zero. But there is a huge opportunity cost. While you are still thinking, someone else could be stealing your market or the opportunity itself may end.